Sunday, October 5, 2008

These are hiking pictures. I didn't have time to put them on here yesterday, but it was so pretty that I wanted to share with those of you who do not have a true appreciation for the Uintah Basin- YET. We were up in the Uintah Mountains, on the top of Petty Mt. This is how you hike with two kids under two!

Kenny is the king of hill, well at least until I took a picture and came to join him!
The view from the hill! We hiked down into the medow and were shocked how wet it was for the fall!
The Aspens were goreous!
Almost to the medow!
We hiked for about three hours. I was having a tough time for the last hour or so, but we had a great time, and saw some really pretty spots.

I also have a piece of bragging info! My little Tanner said his prayers by himself for the first time. I can't believe how old he is...almost 2 already!! All the hard work during the day feels worth it when you experience those precious moments.



6 comments:

Marianne and Matt said...

WOW, you make me really homesick for the mountains!! I miss Utah in the fall. Your camping trip looked like a lot of fun as well. It's always nice when you don't have to cook!

Brooke said...

How fun! I want to go camping. It's always so nice to get away--especially with husbands like ours who do all the work! :) I love all the pictures. And, I saw that you called--sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. I could call you right now, but you're probably sleeping. :)

Bra-man said...

Beautiful pictures!! Wish I were there. Way to go Mr. Tan. I remember when my kids, Riley especially, said their prayers on their own. Tender moments. I love them!

Spendloves said...

I love the mountains this time of year! I'm glad you're getting out of the house hiking and camping! We have no such time for such luxeries at our house. I saw your comment on our blog and I will send you an email later. We are having a busy week. Josh is off work and we have friends coming into town tomorrow. Plus I don't know where my phone is right now. Haha!

Shanie Ellison said...

I love camping and those pictures make me want to take a drive up to the canyon!

Brimaca said...

Wow pretty! We are just barely getting M to really say his prayers now so good job Tanner!