Kenny and I went out to a movie and enjoyed some time without the boys on Saturday. It was a good thing too, since vday didn't go quite as planned.
I got up early to make a special breakfast. I stole a recipe from Kenny's cousin, Karen's Blog.
We loved it, though I think we will stick with maple syrup next time.
I tried to make everyone wait to eat until Tanner woke up, but he didn't get up until after 8 and I had to finally wake him.
He was really excited when he saw his Love Day surprise, but he only ate one bite of food.
Believe it or not this really is Jackson trying to smile.
By afternoon Tanner had a fever of 102ish and he just layed around watching movies.
I felt so bad for my sick little guy, but we had some fun resting time.
That night, he ate a little dinner and went to bed early. He was a little better the next morning, but still had little appetite.
Kenny had some equipment trouble at the dialysis center in the morning. They finally got it all working but had to work with patients until late in the evening. He didn't get home till about 11:30. Even if Tanner had been feeling well our Love Day Game Night wouldn't have worked.
Kenny's schooling has been good for me to learn how to be more flexible, so when we have these days, I can go with the flow!
Even though my plans did not go as planned, I felt that there was love in our home and our vday was wonderful in a different way.
2 comments:
Glad you liked the French Toast (the syrup is pretty rich, but yummy).
We don't have it to often its always a treat and usually when 'fresh' berries are in season.
Glad your boys are feeling better.
I'm glad you and Kenny got to do something fun. It's always nice to get some one on one....especially when life is sooo busy. I'm glad Tanner's feeling better too. That's definitely not a fun way to be spending his V-Day.
Post a Comment