Thursday, October 7, 2010

California

Kenny had a business trip, and I was fortunate enough to tag along with him.
I shopped, read, ran, and hung out at the beach. Kenny wasn't around much, and I actually think this was good for me to have to entertain myself for a while. I have this problem where I don't like to be alone. I don't think I have ever spent this much time on my own...EVER!
Sunset view from our hotel.




I have heard so much about families falling apart, and, as I was beach watching, I saw some uplifting moments. I was happy to see that there are families still going strong.
A father and two sons surfing together...
A mother and daughter playing vollyball together...


I did alot of reading...
Kenny took me out to lunch on my B-day.
I had a lot of fun and I appreciated Kenny's sister for taking our kiddos, but I have learned some things I already knew. I don't like to be alone, and I hate to be without my boys. I was SO anxious to get back to them. I also LOVE having time with just Kenny!
It was a good birthday. Thanks for all the calls and wishes.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

WHAT?!? You were in Cali? If you were in the Bay Area (which the beach is too cold so I am assuming you were southern.) I could have entertained you! Glad you had a fun trip and b-day.

Brimaca said...

Jealous! I'm already planning a getaway with my hubby when I'm no longer breastfeeding. I'm that excited. You know when that is?! September of next year! :P

Bourgeous said...

I am so glad that you got to go! What fun!