Thursday, October 14, 2010

Surfin'...Bama style!

Growing up in Alabama, my brother and sister and I use to surf down the hills of grass on refrigerater boxes (no snow, no waves..it was the only surfing or sledding we got). It was a family tradition. I realized this Sunday, that I have never let my kids try this {gasp}! I immediately grabbed some boxes and we headed out to the front lawn. {Don't mind the crazy after church get-up!}
Our lawn was too bumpy, but we came up with another idea.


"Let me give you a push, Jackson."
I made this pumpkin costume for Tan (more on that later), and Jack wouldn't take it off all day!
How about head-first...okay, maybe I had as much fun as the kids!
If you have never experienced this kind of Southern fun...give it a try!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun mom you are! If only we had some grass... :) Such cute pictures. And--way to go on the Halloween costume. Did I read that right? You made it!?!? You're my new hero.

Bourgeous said...

Ah, looks like fun! Love the preschool clown, what a funny kiddo.

Spendloves said...

too funny! we used to do that to that same thing with refrigerator boxes but we would slide down the stairs! do you know that's how i broke my front teeth? oh, yeah! be careful.

Brimaca said...

Dang it, we have no snow, no water, and NO HILLS!