When I was a kid, my family would occasion go to a Christmas tree farm and pick out our perfect tree. We had a lot of fun, but Kenny's family had a more authentic version of this tradition.
This is our fourth year to go to the mountains and pick out our 'perfect' Christmas tree.
The trees are not as perfect as those on the farm, but the memories can't be beat!
Loading up in Grandpa's truck

Waiting for Dad to scope out the tree we eventually did cut down.


After considering many potential trees, we made our decision.


We tied a tractor tire tube to the truck for some real winter fun.


We actually ran over some rocks and popped the tube, so we only had about 10 minutes of fun.
The boys weren't too upset either, they were terrified that we were going to fall off the cliff on the side of the road. I am going to have to work on their adventurous sides.

We ate some doughnuts and hot chocolate before coming home. That was the boys' favorite part!


That night Jack got really sick with the
stomach flu, so I kept him home from church on Sunday. Here he is on Sunday morning with mom.

Maybe he would have been okay at church.
4 comments:
Fun Christmas tree hunting! Sorry Jackson was sick, we felt so bad for you guys at the Christmas party! It was fun to see you though!
How fun! I hope that we will be able to do that someday. What happend at the Christmas party?
That's awesome. Trees are outrageously expensive here because the don't grow naturally.
I love your Christmas tradition and the tire tube sledding looked like an absolute blast. Have a great Christmas.
Post a Comment