Strawberry-Lovers Pie
For the record, I will never disclose how much of this pie I ate!
I feel a better name for this pie would be Chocolate-Covered Strawberries meet no-bake cheesecake. By now, you should have a beautiful vision in your head. This recipe came from Taste of Home's The Complete Guide to Country Cooking cookbook. I saw this book at a friend's house and went home and ordered it on Amazon the next day, that is not usually something I do, but I LOVED this book.
3 squares semisweet choc, divided (I just used semi-sweet choc chips, because that is what I had)
1 T butter
1 pastry shell, baked
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sour cream
3 T sugar
1/2 t vanilla
3-4 c fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
1/3 c strawberry jam melted
Melt two squares of choc with the butter; brush over the bottom and up the sides of a pastry shell. Chill. Beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over choc layer, cover and chill for 2 hours. Arrange strawberries, tip ends up, over filling. Brush jam over all. Store leftovers in the fridge.
1 comment:
This looks incredibly delish!!
Although I cant see your boys faces I'm sure their looking in aw at this yummy pie!! (as would I) =o] Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment