Thursday, June 16, 2011

Logan

We had a great trip to Logan a couple weeks ago.
We loved getting to see Marianne and her boys (and to catch her in the act of keeping a BIG secret).
 We also loved seeing and staying with the Pages!  Thanks!
 A long time ago, I used to teach school, and the 7th graders from my first year graduated!
We went to attend their graduation.
 Kenny and I took the boys up to the University to let me them see our old stomping grounds!
 On Friday, the boys got to eat "Old Mc D's", then play at my friend LieghAnn's house while we attended the commencement.
 She had a train table and took them to the park (oh, and her place overlooks the Logan Temple).
(by the way...only one of the people in this picture is a True Aggie...if you don't know, we will never tell!)
 On Saturday, the Pages took us on a really long 4-wheeler ride through Clarkston...really interesting (but I forgot the camera...darn it).
 We met Marianne in the park, and the boys got to play for a couple hours with her twin boys.
 Saturday afternoon, we hiked all over campus.
 Saturday evening we headed to Brigham City to play at a carnival with my old roomies.
 Tanner was really sad to leave!
 I think my evil plan to brainwash my kids is working.
 They now think that Logan and Utah State is the most magical place on earth!
 I mean, is there any Aggie who had not sled/rolled/iced blocked/ran/strolled down this hill?
 Now my boys can say they have!

 Kenny is currently on his 5-week break
 After the stress of finals, it was nice to take a weekend and getaway.
 It is especially nice to visit the place where we fell in love.

 Those were some carefree days, and I am sure that is some of the pull that Logan has on my heart!
 Also...these girls really are the best friends ever!
Loved seeing you guys!
Tanner has been effectively brainwashed, in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I'd love to take a trip out to Utah again someday soon.

Shanie Ellison said...

I love Logan and I loved USU and yes I do know what a true aggie is...Your pictures of the campus brought back many wonderful memories and Old Main hill! Oh the joy of walking up that hill to class daily!

Brimaca said...

I feel the same way about SUU. It pulls my heart. And now I know how you knew Marianne was pregnant. That lil' stinker.