Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter-part 3 (farm style)

Kenny's family taught me all about Easter on the farm!
After dinner, we went out side and rolled the Easter Eggs.
For those of you who are not familiar with this custom, I will help you out...
1. You use a shovel to create a trail down the side of a hill.
2. Then you let em' roll!
3. Then, you scream and cheer when your egg hits the bottom of the hill.
(Hailey arrived at our house as pink-a-licious- as she called herself!)
4. When you have rolled all the eggs, you go to the bottom of the hill and collect the eggs.
5. You continue rolling the eggs until they completely fall apart, then you roll the yolks (that is when you really get some speed!)
Now, for anyone who thinks that this is crazy country fun...you are right! It really was a blast, so don't knock it till you tried it!

If you are looking for a new Easter tradition, give this a whirl (or should I say roll).

2 comments:

Sharli said...

Sounds fun to me. My mom actually said that we should try rolling our eggs, but we never did.

Brimaca said...

Sounds really fun! I've never heard of it and I grew up on the country.