Friday, October 22, 2010

Tonight, the part of Al will be played by...

....a short, blond, mischievous and adorable little man!
My sister asked me to sew an Aladdin costume for her little boy.
I have had some fun, but there are a lot of things I would do different, if I were to sew this again!
I have never made any type of hat like this. I created this little pattern, and though it is not perfect, it will work for Halloween.
The pants are a little too small for Jack, since Aladdin wears them over his belly-button, but Gabe is a little smaller. If I did these again, I would make them wider. I took a regular 2T pant pattern and made the legs wider and the crouch lower. I added elastic to the top and bottom.
The belt is a sash made with chiffon, and wrapped many times. I just tucked it in, but I recommend pinning or tying it for Halloween night.
Happy Halloween Gabe, a little surprise is coming in the mail!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Oh I wish I could sew better. I know practice makes perfect. So I wish I had the ambition to get out the machine and go to work.

Darin and Kali said...

So cute!