Kenny's spring break wasn't exactly what I expected.
He had a paper that could be put off another week...so, he did just that!
He spent most of the week working on that paper, but I did plan a quick get-away for us.
On Friday, we got up early and headed out to Salt Lake.
My first venture with little Will (it is about a 2 hr drive).
We took the boys to the zoo...they loved it, of course.
We stayed in a hotel and went swimming.
We even got in a little shopping on Saturday morning, before we headed back home.
The boys' highlight would probably be swimming, but the part we will never forget was dinner on Friday night.
We took the boys out to a restaurant.
Jackson had a chocolate milk, and drank it super fast.
It was warm day...I guess he was thirsty.
It was warm day...I guess he was thirsty.
When our food came, he crawled under the table. Not entirely atypical for Jackson.
When asked to return to his seat, he said, "I don't feel very good, I think I am going to puke."
Then he grabbed his mouth.
YIKES...I quickly grabbed the chip basket, dumped the chips and let him fill it up. And, fill it up, he did...to the brim!
I handed it to Kenny and asked him to do something with it, quick, so the others around us wouldn't smell it.
Kenny handed it to our server, who thanked him for not letting the boy puke all over.
Just after that, Jackson tells me his is going to puke again.
I didn't have anything to grab quickly, so I put a napkin over his mouth, as I try to figure something out...BAD idea!
I didn't have anything to grab quickly, so I put a napkin over his mouth, as I try to figure something out...BAD idea!
He spews all over...literally!
Picture a kitchen faucet that you try to cover and keep the water inside...not pretty.
Jackson and I were covered in puke...so gross!
Let me say it again...So GROSS!
Let me say it again...So GROSS!
Kenny starts dry heaving and I think...really?!...YOU are not the one with chunks in your hair!
I clean Jackson and myself in the bathroom, as best I can.
Kenny gets the food to-go.
Kenny gets the food to-go.
The car was not pleasant smelling.
Oh, and did I mention that they baby was crying during a lot of this because he wanted to eat.
Oh, and did I mention that they baby was crying during a lot of this because he wanted to eat.
Well, he was.
That was probably the most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me.
Yet, after I was all cleaned, Kenny and I couldn't stop laughing about it
Yet, after I was all cleaned, Kenny and I couldn't stop laughing about it
Out of everything that happened on this little weekend, that is the one thing we will never forget.
(We tried to feed the kids to the lions, but they spit them out...I guess will just keep them.)
Kenny is now back to school, as busy as ever.
He is warning me that it will only get worse...yay!
This is the last half of the last semester.
I never thought we would get here.
Sometimes, it feels like July will never get here!
Only 14 more weeks...
Isn't it fun to have something to look forward to?
I am looking forward to more time TOGETHER!
5 comments:
Oh Tash! I seriously gasped reading this. What a trip. I'm counting down the day's for you. So wish we lived closer. :) You're the best!
Oh I hope that your 14 weeks goes quickly! And I was laughing at that story. That is so the life of a mom right there! And your babe is adorable!
Malachi used to throw up every single time we ate out. We didn't eat out often so we would forget. Finally after the third time we didn't eat out for at least a year or two. It was disgusting! I so relate.
What a day!! I SO would have had you come over and get "cleaned" up after your dinner out (your always welcome at our house chunky hair or not =0})Nothing like driving all the way back home smelling like puke!!
All your boys are such handsome little boys!!
I'm glad you got to spend time as a family, times like those are just SO precious.
WOW!! What an adventure!! I can't imagine having to smell that for two hours on the way home! The best part is that you were able to laugh about it so soon afterwards. You are just the cutest little family.
Post a Comment