Monday, May 2, 2011

My Easter Reminder

I LOVE holidays!  I put A LOT of time into planning them; even when it doesn't look like it!  I shop the Internet, plan meals, sew, decorate, and search for the perfect recipes. 
 You might be asking WHY?? 
 Yes, it can be stressful, but a fun time usually took planning and work on someone's part, right??
 I want my kids to have fun memories of holidays growing-up and I probably get more excited than them as the holiday nears. 
 I just can't wait to show my family what I have come up with!
 This year, my kids woke-up in a particularly grumpy mood. 
 They cried and fought all morning long.  So did I, for that matter!
 Have you ever said, "Stop crying now and smile, so I can take this picture."  I have.
 We went to church and I just wanted to cry through Sacrament meeting as both my kids turned into unruly monsters.
 I was beginning to wonder why we even go to church.
 Is this my thanks for all the hard work?!?
 I sent my kids to primary/nursery and took a deep breath.  Only to be called into nursery to be told that Jack peed his pants...ran home for a quick change.
 I finally went to Relief Society and looked up to see the most beautiful painting.
 I had such a feeling of peace, as I looked into the face of the resurrected Savior.
 I realized that maybe I was the one who needed to step back and chill-out.
 As I look back, I realize that we actually had a lot of fun.  The kids did get better as the day went on.

 This is part of the painting, which others actually commented on during the lesson.  I am grateful for a prepared and detail-oriented teacher, who reminded me that I had know what Easter is all about.  I have all the reason to celebrate, even if all the other details don't work out.
I am also grateful for a sister who will listen and not tell me that I am worrying about silly stuff, or that someone else has it worse...but will just listen and understand.  Thanks!
...and happy {late} Easter!

2 comments:

Bourgeous said...

What a great reminder, I don't think there is a mom who hasn't felt the same but it is a blessing to hear how someone else handled it. Glad you guys had a "memorable" Easter!

Melissa said...

Wonderful post and a great reminder. They boys look totally cute in their sweater vests!