We have been enjoying our new little guy, but I wanted to record my memories before they faded too much.
We scheduled to be induced on February 21. I was already 4 cm and felt like we were good to go! The funny thing is that I actually did go into to labor that day...score! I was super excited, but when the doctor went to brake my water, he couldn't find the baby's head. We did an ultrasound and he was indeed, breech! This baby had been head down the whole time, even the day before, so I was worried and scared.
The doctor gave me Terbutaline to stop my labor, and turned the baby himself. He was successful and I was so relieved! The plan was now to wait for my labor to start again.
My labor never really did start up again. My body didn't take too well to the Terbutaline. I heart rate was through the roof and I was having difficulty breathing. The baby wasn't doing well either. His heart rate was very high as well, but it would plummet every time I had my mild contractions. The baby also hadn't dropped, even though I was almost 6 cm and my water was broken.
My doctor felt strongly that the baby needed to come out soon. Pitocin wasn't a great option since the little guy couldn't even handle small contractions. After much consideration, we decided that a c-section was really our only option.
I was really sad and scared. I didn't want a c-section at all, but luckily things went fast and I didn't have much time to think about it. In the end, I am just grateful to have a healthy baby! We are totally in love with our new little guy.
We learned that our boy was wrapped up in the cord, which prevented him from dropping. He was also HUGE, and the doctor wasn't sure if he would have been able to come out anyway.
William James
10 lb 12 oz
22.5 in
6:52 pm 2/21/12
My sweet baby Will!
5 comments:
These pictures are to die for. He is the absolute cutest baby ever! Congradulations to your amazing family. It's so fun to see you're family grow. Love you guys tons and can't wait to see you soon.
Tasha-
I am so glad to get the update on Will's birth, but I am so sorry for all you went through! I am glad everything turned out fine. He is so adorable! I am very happy for you and hope you are feeling alright. Love you!
What a beautiful boy!! And what a coincidence that we (the Leger's) have grandsons named Tanner, William and James.
He is one ounce smaller than Libby was! It took me awhile to heal from that vaginal delivery! And she was shorter so she looked much fatter. Her pics still crack me up. He looks great! What a cutie. I love his hair. Congrats!!!!!
He is so stinkin cute! Sorry you had a c-section, they are no fun! Congrats to your cute little family!
Post a Comment