There are three things he is always asking me to make for breakfast...eggs & toast, pancakes, and marshmallows (meaning lucky charms). On this day he got his pancakes, and I like to make a lot so I can stash them in the fridge and eat them for days to come.
This is my favorite pancake recipe, and I am going to share it with you! It is a dry mix, so it is nice to have a around.
To make dry mix:
- 10 c flour (sometimes I add up to 5 cups of whole wheat flour-it makes them more filling and much more healthy.)
- 2 1/2 c instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c baking powder
- 2 T salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and store in an airtight container.
To make pancakes:
- 1 1/2 c pancake dry mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c water
- 3 T vegetable oil
Put pancake mix in a medium bowl. Combine egg, water, and oil in a small bowl. Add egg mixture to pancake mix. Add more water if thinner pancakes are desired. Blend well and let stand 5 minutes. Cook pancakes.
Each batch makes about 10 pancakes, depending on the size of pancake you make, of course.
3 comments:
Awesome! I love new recipes! We like to make pancakes on the weekends. We'll have to give this a try. They look yummy!
I'm excited to try this recipe! Ky loves pancakes too!
gotta love tanners cheesy smile. Kinda reminds me of mine when i was a kid.
Post a Comment